Hi there! thank you for trying out Pyroscope! In this guide you'll need just two steps in order to start monitoring your application's performance.
- Install Pyrocope Server
- Start profiling your application using Pyroscope Agent
You can also schedule a call with an engineer if that's easier for you. We would love to learn about your use-case and help you get started.
Pyroscope is an open source continuous profiling platform. It will help you:
- Find performance issues in your code
- Resolve issues with high CPU utilization
- Understand the call tree of your application
- Track changes over time
If you are familiar with profiling and flame graphs, then you'll be happy to know that Pyroscope:
- Has low CPU overhead thanks to sampling profiler technology
- Can store years of profiling data down to 10 second granularity
- Efficient compression, low disk space requirements
There are two main components that allow Pyroscope to run smoothly and quickly: Pyroscope Server and Pyroscope Agent.
Pyroscope Agent records and aggregates what your application has been doing, then sends that data to the Pyroscope Server.
Pyroscope Server processes, aggregates, and stores data from agents for speedy queries of any time range. Later you can look at the profiling data and make queries across any time range for example:
- all of 2020
- that one day last month when the website was slow
- that time you deployed on a Friday night and messed up everything without knowing why
Check out our Demo Page and select any time range to see how quickly Pyroscope works!
Step 1: Install Pyroscope Server
We provide a few different ways for you to install Pyroscope Server on Linux, macOS or run it in Docker. To find out about other ways of installing Pyroscope, or to find packages for other CPU architectures (e.g ARM) visit our Downloads page.
After you start the server you should be able to open http://localhost:4040/ and see that pyroscope server is profiling itself (
Step 2: Start profiling your application using Pyroscope Agent
Now that you have Pyroscope Server running you can start continuously profiling your own applications. Pyroscope Agent can be run on Linux, macOS, Windows and in Docker, and supports the following integrations:
The following topics may be of interest to you:
For a list of the minimum hardware and software requirements, refer to Deployment Guide.